WHAT IS THE FIMEM ?
(Fédération Internationale des Mouvements d Ecole Moderne)
- The FIMEM is a association of national movements from all over the world declaring support of the popular education and the cooperative education (Freinet pedagogy).
- The FIMEM is animated by a Board of Directors composed by members from different countries.
- The FIMEM fundamental body is the General Assembly composed by delegates from different movements meeting every two years.
FIMEM activities ?
The FIMEM supports the contacts and the exchange between teachers and educators concerning the research, the cooperative innovation and the application/practicing of Freinet pedagogy.
The ways the FIMEM acts are the following:
- International correspondence;
- organization of seminars, trainings, meetings,
- exhibitions and different activities;
- constitution of international working groups;
- publication of journals and pedagogical tools;
- information and exchange of Freinet pedagogy practice/practices;
- organization of the RIDEF (Rencontre Internationale Des Educateurs Freinet) every two years.
The aim of the FIMEM for the coming years is to develop the international cooperation in order to consolidate the practice of the Freinet pedagogy at all continents.